Vágar Airport (Faroese: Vága Floghavn) (IATA: FAE, ICAO: EKVG) is the only airport in the Faroe Islands, and is located 1 NM (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) east of Sørvágur. Due to the Faroe Islands' status as a self-governing territory, the airport is not subject to the rules of the European Union. It is the main operating base for Faroese national airline Atlantic Airways.
The airport approach is challenging due to hills surrounding it and regular wind gusts. It's often guests are A319/A320, B737 or BAe 146. Many of them flying there as charters beside the regular shedule.
- Highly detailed buildings specially designed and optimized for P3DV4,
- Terminal interior modeled,
- Object baked shadows,
- Custom vehicles and airport objects,
- 3D people,
- Realistic 3D snow,
- SODE windsock,
- New ground technics based on real photographs, specular and bump mapping,
- Up to date ground layout,
- Highly optimized dynamic lightning with different effect types adjusted for exact type of light and direction needed,
- Realistic night lightning,
- Realistic precipitation effects on the ground,
- 50cm/pixel sattelite coverage of the closest airport area,
- Custlom landclass for whole Faroe Islands,
- Custom mesh for all Faroe Islands,
- Detailed autogen,
- Custom helipads.